1. The dream of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord GOD about Edom: We have heard a telling from the LORD, and a forerunner has been sent among the folkdoms: "Rise up! Let us rise against her for struggle!"
2. Behold, I will make you small among the folkdoms; you shall be utterly hated.
3. The pride of your heart has misled you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, "Who will bring me down to the ground?"
4. Though you glide aloft like the arne, though your nest is set among the stars, from there I will bring you down, speaks the LORD.
5. If thieves came to you, if plunderers came by night-- how you have been cut off!-- would they not steal only enough for themselves? If wineberry gatherers came to you, would they not leave leftovers?
6. How Esau has been ransacked, his wealth sought out!
7. All your henchmen have driven you to your border; those at frith with you have misled you; they have overcame against you; those who eat your bread have set a trap beneath you-- you have no understanding.
8. Will I not on that day, speaks the LORD, smite the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of Mount Esau?
9. And your mighty men shall be scared, O Teman, so that every man from Mount Esau will be cut off by slaughter.
10. Owing to the wrothness done to your brother Jacob, shame shall overlay you, and you shall be cut off forever.
11. On the day that you stood aloof, on the day that queers lugged off his wealth and outlanders entered his gates and cast lots for Jerusalem, you were like one of them.
12. But do not gloat over the day of your brother in the day of his bad luck; do not shout for gladness over the folk of Judah in the day of their wreck; do not boast in the day of unfrithness.
13. Do not go into the gate of my folk in the day of their woe; do not gloat over his wrack in the day of his woe; do not plunder his wealth in the day of his woe.
14. Do not stand at the roodroads to cut off his runaways; do not hand over his outlivers in the day of unfrithness.
15. For the day of the LORD is near upon all the folkdoms. As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall come back on your own head.
16. For as you have drunk on my holy mount, so all the folkdoms shall drink ongoingly; they shall drink and swallow, and shall be as though they had never been.
17. But in Mount Zion there shall be those who break free, and it shall be holy, and the house of Jacob shall own their belongings.
18. The house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a blaze, and the house of Esau straw; they shall burn them and intake them, and there shall be no outliver for the house of Esau, for the LORD has spoken.
19. Those of the Negeb shall own Mount Esau, and those of the Shephelah shall own the land of the Philistines; they shall own the land of Ephraim and the land of Samaria, and Benjamin shall own Gilead.
20. The outcasts of this crowd of the folk of Israel shall own the land of the Canaanites as far as Zarephath, and the outcasts of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad shall own the burgs of the Negeb.
21. Healers shall go up to Mount Zion to oversee Mount Esau, and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.