1. Adam, Seth, Enosh;
2. Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared;
3. Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech;
4. Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
5. The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
6. The sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.
7. The sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
8. The sons of Ham: Cush, Egypt, Put, and Canaan.
9. The sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabta, Raama, and Sabteca. The sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan.
10. Cush fathered Nimrod. He was the first on earth to be a mighty man.
11. Egypt fathered Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim,
12. Pathrusim, Casluhim (from whom the Philistines came), and Caphtorim.
13. Canaan fathered Sidon his firstborn and Heth,
14. and the Jebusites, the Amorites, the Girgashites,
15. the Hivites, the Arkites, the Sinites,
16. the Arvadites, the Zemarites, and the Hamathites.
17. The sons of Shem: Elam, Asshur, Arpachshad, Lud, and Aram. And the sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether, and Meshech.
18. Arpachshad fathered Shelah, and Shelah fathered Eber.
19. To Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg (for in his days the earth was split), and his brother's name was Joktan.
20. Joktan fathered Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,
21. Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
22. Obal, Abimael, Sheba,
23. Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab; all these were the sons of Joktan.
24. Shem, Arpachshad, Shelah;
25. Eber, Peleg, Reu;
26. Serug, Nahor, Terah;
27. Abram, that is, Abraham.
28. The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
29. These are their kinlores: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth, and Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,
30. Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema,
31. Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These are the sons of Ishmael.
32. The sons of Keturah, Abraham's lover: she bore Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. The sons of Jokshan: Sheba and Dedan.
33. The sons of Midian: Ephah, Epher, Hanoch, Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the offspring of Keturah.
34. Abraham fathered Isaac. The sons of Isaac: Esau and Israel.
35. The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, Jalam, and Korah.
36. The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, Omar, Zepho, Gatam, Kenaz, and of Timna, Amalek.
37. The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
38. The sons of Seir: Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Dishon, Ezer, and Dishan.
39. The sons of Lotan: Hori and Hemam; and Lotan's sister was Timna.
40. The sons of Shobal: Alvan, Manahath, Ebal, Shepho, and Onam. The sons of Zibeon: Aiah and Anah.
41. The son of Anah: Dishon. The sons of Dishon: Hemdan, Eshban, Ithran, and Cheran.
42. The sons of Ezer: Bilhan, Zaavan, and Akan. The sons of Dishan: Uz and Aran.
1. These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun,
2. Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
3. The sons of Judah: Er, Onan and Shelah; these three Bath-shua the Canaanite bore to him. Now Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, and he put him to death.
4. His daughter-in-law Tamar also bore him Perez and Zerah. Judah had five sons in all.
5. The sons of Perez: Hezron and Hamul.
6. The sons of Zerah: Zimri, Ethan, Heman, Calcol, and Dara, five in all.
7. The son of Carmi: Achan, the harmer of Israel, who broke belief in the happening of the betaken thing;
8. and Ethan’s son was Azariah.
9. The sons of Hezron that were born to him: Jerahmeel, Ram, and Chelubai.
10. Ram fathered Amminadab, and Amminadab fathered Nahshon, atheling of the sons of Judah.
11. Nahshon fathered Salmon, Salmon fathered Boaz,
12. Boaz fathered Obed, Obed fathered Jesse.
13. Jesse fathered Eliab his firstborn, Abinadab the second, Shimea the third,
14. Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth,
15. Ozem the sixth, David the seventh.
16. And their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail. The sons of Zeruiah: Abishai, Joab, and Asahel, three.
17. Abigail bore Amasa, and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
18. Caleb the son of Hezron fathered children by his wife Azubah, and by Jerioth; and these were her sons: Jesher, Shobab, and Ardon.
19. When Azubah died, Caleb wedded Ephrath, who bore him Hur.
20. Hur fathered Uri, and Uri fathered Bezalel.
21. Afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead, whom he wedded when he was sixty years old, and she bore him Segub.
22. And Segub fathered Jair, who had twenty-three burgs in the land of Gilead.
23. But Geshur and Aram took from them Havvoth-jair, Kenath, and its hams, sixty towns. All these were offspring of Machir, the father of Gilead.
24. After the death of Hezron, Caleb went in to Ephrathah, the wife of Hezron his father, and she bore him Ashhur, the father of Tekoa.
25. The sons of Jerahmeel, the firstborn of Hezron: Ram, his firstborn, Bunah, Oren, Ozem, and Ahijah.
26. Jerahmeel also had another wife, whose name was Atarah; she was the mother of Onam.
27. The sons of Ram, the firstborn of Jerahmeel: Maaz, Jamin, and Eker.
28. The sons of Onam: Shammai and Jada. The sons of Shammai: Nadab and Abishur.
29. The name of Abishur’s wife was Abihail, and she bore him Ahban and Molid.
30. The sons of Nadab: Seled and Appaim; and Seled died childless.
31. The son of Appaim: Ishi. The son of Ishi: Sheshan. The son of Sheshan: Ahlai.
32. The sons of Jada, Shammai’s brother: Jether and Jonathan; and Jether died childless.
33. The sons of Jonathan: Peleth and Zaza. These were the offspring of Jerahmeel.
34. Now Sheshan had no sons, only daughters, but Sheshan had an Egyptian thrall whose name was Jarha.
35. So Sheshan gave his daughter in wedlock to Jarha his thrall, and she bore him Attai.
36. Attai fathered Nathan, and Nathan fathered Zabad.
37. Zabad fathered Ephlal, and Ephlal fathered Obed.
38. Obed fathered Jehu, and Jehu fathered Azariah.
39. Azariah fathered Helez, and Helez fathered Eleasah.
40. Eleasah fathered Sismai, and Sismai fathered Shallum.
41. Shallum fathered Jekamiah, and Jekamiah fathered Elishama.
42. The sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel: Mareshah his firstborn, who fathered Ziph. The son of Mareshah: Hebron.
43. The sons of Hebron: Korah, Tappuah, Rekem and Shema.
44. Shema fathered Raham, the father of Jorkeam; and Rekem fathered Shammai.
45. The son of Shammai: Maon; and Maon fathered Beth-zur.
46. Ephah also, Caleb’s lover, bore Haran, Moza, and Gazez; and Haran fathered Gazez.
47. The sons of Jahdai: Regem, Jotham, Geshan, Pelet, Ephah, and Shaaph.
48. Maacah, Caleb’s lover, bore Sheber and Tirhanah.
49. She also bore Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbenah and the father of Gibea; and the daughter of Caleb was Achsah.
50. These were the offspring of Caleb. The sons of Hur the firstborn of Ephrathah: Shobal the father of Kiriath-jearim,
51. Salma, the father of Bethlehem, and Hareph the father of Beth-gader.
52. Shobal the father of Kiriath-jearim had other sons: Haroeh, half of the Menuhoth.
53. And the kinsfolk of Kiriath-jearim: the Ithrites, the Puthites, the Shumathites, and the Mishraites; from these came the Zorathites and the Eshtaolites.
54. The sons of Salma: Bethlehem, the Netophathites, Atroth-beth-joab and half of the Manahathites, the Zorites.
55. The kinsfolk also of the writers who lived at Jabez: the Tirathites, the Shimeathites and the Sucathites. These are the Kenites who came from Hammath, the father of the house of Rechab.
1. These are the sons of David who were born to him in Hebron: the firstborn, Amnon, by Ahinoam the Jezreelite; the second, Daniel, by Abigail the Carmelite,
2. the third, Absalom, whose mother was Maacah, the daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur; the fourth, Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith;
3. the fifth, Shephatiah, by Abital; the sixth, Ithream, by his wife Eglah;
4. six were born to him in Hebron, where he oversaw for seven years and six months. And he oversaw thirty-three years in Jerusalem.
5. These were born to him in Jerusalem: Shimea, Shobab, Nathan and Solomon, four by Bath-shua, the daughter of Ammiel;
6. then Ibhar, Elishama, Eliphelet,
7. Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia,
8. Elishama, Eliada, and Eliphelet, nine.
9. All these were David’s sons, besides the sons of the lovers, and Tamar was their sister.
10. The son of Solomon was Rehoboam, Abijah his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son,
11. Joram his son, Ahaziah his son, Joash his son,
12. Amaziah his son, Azariah his son, Jotham his son,
13. Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son,
14. Amon his son, Josiah his son.
15. The sons of Josiah: Johanan the firstborn, the second Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, the fourth Shallum.
16. The offspring of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son;
17. and the sons of Jeconiah, the heftling: Shealtiel his son,
18. Malchiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama and Nedabiah;
19. and the sons of Pedaiah: Zerubbabel and Shimei; and the sons of Zerubbabel: Meshullam and Hananiah, and Shelomith was their sister;
20. and Hashubah, Ohel, Berechiah, Hasadiah, and Jushab-hesed, five.
21. The sons of Hananiah: Pelatiah and Jeshaiah, his son Rephaiah, his son Arnan, his son Obadiah, his son Shecaniah.
22. The son of Shecaniah: Shemaiah. And the sons of Shemaiah: Hattush, Igal, Bariah, Neariah, and Shaphat, six.
23. The sons of Neariah: Elioenai, Hizkiah, and Azrikam, three.
24. The sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah, and Anani, seven.
1. The sons of Judah: Perez, Hezron, Carmi, Hur, and Shobal.
2. Reaiah the son of Shobal fathered Jahath, and Jahath fathered Ahumai and Lahad. These were the kinsfolk of the Zorathites.
3. These were the sons of Etam: Jezreel, Ishma, and Idbash; and the name of their sister was Hazzelelponi,
4. and Penuel fathered Gedor, and Ezer fathered Hushah. These were the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah, the father of Bethlehem.
5. Ashhur, the father of Tekoa, had two wives, Helah and Naarah;
6. Naarah bore him Ahuzzam, Hepher, Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah.
7. The sons of Helah: Zereth, Izhar, and Ethnan.
8. Koz fathered Anub, Zobebah, and the kinsfolk of Aharhel, the son of Harum.
9. Jabez was more arwirthe than his brothers; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, "Because I bore him in smart."
10. Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and swell my threshold, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me smart!" And God bestowed what he asked.
11. Chelub, the brother of Shuhah, fathered Mehir, who fathered Eshton.
12. Eshton fathered Beth-rapha, Paseah, and Tehinnah, the father of Ir-nahash. These are the men of Recah.
13. The sons of Kenaz: Othniel and Seraiah; and the sons of Othniel: Hathath and Meonothai.
14. Meonothai fathered Ophrah; and Seraiah fathered Joab, the father of Ge-harashim, so-called since they were craftsmen.
15. The sons of Caleb the son of Jephunneh: Iru, Elah, and Naam; and the son of Elah: Kenaz.
16. The sons of Jehallelel: Ziph, Ziphah, Tiria, and Asarel.
17. The sons of Ezrah: Jether, Mered, Epher, and Jalon. These are the sons of Bithiah, the daughter of Pharaoh, whom Mered wedded; and she foreseeded and bore Miriam, Shammai, and Ishbah, the father of Eshtemoa.
18. And his Judahite wife bore Jered the father of Gedor, Heber the father of Soco, and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah.
19. The sons of the wife of Hodiah, the sister of Naham, were the fathers of Keilah the Garmite and Eshtemoa the Maacathite.
20. The sons of Shimon: Amnon, Rinnah, Ben-hanan, and Tilon. The sons of Ishi: Zoheth and Ben-zoheth.
21. The sons of Shelah the son of Judah: Er the father of Lecah, Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the kinsfolk of the house of linen workers at Beth-ashbea;
22. and Jokim, and the men of Cozeba, and Joash, and Saraph, who oversaw in Moab and came back to Lehem (now the ledgers are olden).
23. These were the potters who were dwellers of Netaim and Gederah. They lived there in the king’s stead.
24. The sons of Simeon: Nemuel, Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, Shaul;
25. Shallum was his son, Mibsam his son, Mishma his son.
26. The sons of Mishma: Hammuel his son, Zaccur his son, Shimei his son.
27. Shimei had sixteen sons and six daughters; but his brothers did not have many children, nor did all their kinsfolk times like the men of Judah.
28. They lived in Beersheba, Moladah, Hazar-shual,
29. Bilhah, Ezem, Tolad,
30. Bethuel, Hormah, Ziklag,
31. Beth-marcaboth, Hazar-susim, Beth-biri, and Shaaraim. These were their burgs until David oversaw.
32. And their hams were Etam, Ain, Rimmon, Tochen, and Ashan, five burgs,
33. along with all their hams that were around these burgs as far as Baal. These were their settlings, and they kept a kinlorish ledger.
34. Meshobab, Jamlech, Joshah the son of Amaziah,
35. Joel, Jehu the son of Joshibiah, son of Seraiah, son of Asiel,
36. Elioenai, Jaakobah, Jeshohaiah, Asaiah, Adiel, Jesimiel, Benaiah,
37. Ziza the son of Shiphi, son of Allon, son of Jedaiah, son of Shimri, son of Shemaiah—
38. these spoken of by name were athelings in their kinsfolk, and their fathers’ houses waxed greatly.
39. They wayfared to the way in of Gedor, to the east side of the dale, to seek grazeland for their flocks,
40. where they found rich, good grazeland, and the land was very broad, still, and frithful, for the former dwellers there belonged to Ham.
41. These, underwrote in by name, came in the days of Hezekiah, king of Judah, and smote their dwellings and the Meunites who were found there, and marked them for wrack to this day, and settled in their stead, for there was grazeland there for their flocks.
42. And some of them, five hundred men of the Simeonites, went to Hill Seir, having as their leaders Pelatiah, Neariah, Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi.
43. And they overcame the leftover of the Amalekites who had brokeout, and they have lived there to this day.
1. The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel (for he was the firstborn, but because he befiled his father’s bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel, so that he could not be listed as the oldest son;
2. though Judah became strong among his brothers and a head came from him, yet the birthright belonged to Joseph),
3. the sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel: Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.
4. The sons of Joel: Shemaiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son,
5. Micah his son, Reaiah his son, Baal his son,
6. Beerah his son, whom Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria made to wander; he was a head of the Reubenites.
7. And his kinsmen by their kinsfolk, when the kinlore of their brood was written down: the head, Jeiel, and Zechariah,
8. and Bela the son of Azaz, son of Shema, son of Joel, who lived in Aroer, as far as Nebo and Baal-meon.
9. He also lived to the east as far as the way in of the wasteland this side of the Euphrates, because their livestock had grown in tale in the land of Gilead.
10. And in the days of Saul they made unfrith against the Hagrites, who fell into their hand. And they lived in their dwellings throughout all the landship east of Gilead.
11. The sons of Gad lived over against them in the land of Bashan as far as Salecah:
12. Joel the head, Shapham the second, Janai, and Shaphat in Bashan.
13. And their kinsmen by their fathers’ houses: Michael, Meshullam, Sheba, Jorai, Jacan, Zia and Eber, seven.
14. These were the sons of Abihail the son of Huri, son of Jaroah, son of Gilead, son of Michael, son of Jeshishai, son of Jahdo, son of Buz. Ahi the son of Abdiel, son of Guni, was head in their fathers’ houses,
16. and they lived in Gilead, in Bashan and in its towns, and in all the foodlands of Sharon to their bounds.
17. All of these were written down in kinlores in the days of Jotham king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam king of Israel.
18. The Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half-kindred of Manasseh had bold men who bore shield and sword, and drew the bow, expert in unfrith, 44,760, able to go to unfrith.
19. They made unfrith against the Hagrites, Jetur, Naphish, and Nodab.
20. And when they won against them, the Hagrites and all who were with them were given into their hands, for they shouted out to God in the clash, and he gave their longing bid because they believed in him.
21. They took their livestock: 50,000 of their camels, 250,000 sheep, 2,000 asses, and 100,000 men alive.
22. For many fell, because the unfrith was of God. And they lived in their stead until the wandering.
23. The sons of the half-kindred of Manasseh lived in the land. They were very many from Bashan to Baal-hermon, Senir, and Mount Hermon.
24. These were the heads of their fathers’ houses: Epher, Ishi, Eliel, Azriel, Jeremiah, Hodaviah, and Jahdiel, mighty fighters, nameknown men, heads of their fathers’ houses.
25. But they broke belief with the God of their fathers, and whored after the gods of the folk of the land, whom God had smote before them.
26. So the God of Israel stirred up the ghost of Pul king of Assyria, the ghost of Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, and he took them into wandering, namely, the Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half-kindred of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, Habor, Hara, and the stream Gozan, to this day.
1 The sons of Levi: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
2 The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
3 The children of Amram: Aaron, Moses, and Miriam. The sons of Aaron: Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
4 Eleazar fathered Phinehas, Phinehas fathered Abishua,
5 Abishua fathered Bukki, Bukki fathered Uzzi,
6 Uzzi fathered Zerahiah, Zerahiah fathered Meraioth,
7 Meraioth fathered Amariah, Amariah fathered Ahitub,
8 Ahitub fathered Zadok, Zadok fathered Ahimaaz,
9 Ahimaaz fathered Azariah, Azariah fathered Johanan,
10 and Johanan fathered Azariah ( it was he who steaded as priest in the house that Solomon built in Jerusalem).
11 Azariah fathered Amariah, Amariah fathered Ahitub,
12 Ahitub fathered Zadok, Zadok fathered Shallum,
13 Shallum fathered Hilkiah, Hilkiah fathered Azariah,
14 Azariah fathered Seraiah, Seraiah fathered Jehozadak;
15 and Jehozadak went into wandering when the LORD sent Judah and Jerusalem into wandering by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar.
16 The sons of Levi: Gershom, Kohath, and Merari.
17 And these are the names of the sons of Gershom: Libni and Shimei.
18 The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel.
19 The sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi. These are the kinsmen of the Levites by their fathers.
20 Of Gershom: Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son,
21 Joah his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son, Jeatherai his son.
22 The sons of Kohath: Amminadab his son, Korah his son, Assir his son,
23 Elkanah his son, Ebiasaph his son, Assir his son,
24 Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.
25 The sons of Elkanah: Amasai and Ahimoth,
26 Elkanah his son, Zophai his son, Nahath his son,
27 Eliab his son, Jeroham his son, Elkanah his son.
28 The sons of Samuel: Joel his firstborn, the second Abijah.
29 The sons of Merari: Mahli, Libni his son, Shimei his son, Uzzah his son,
30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, and Asaiah his son.
31 These are the men whom David gave might over the keeping of song in the house of the LORD after the ark rested there.
32 They reded with song before the tilding of the tild of meeting until Solomon built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem, and they foreshaped their thraldom by their moot.
33 These are the men who thralled and their sons. Of the sons of the Kohathites: Heman the singer the son of Joel, son of Samuel,
34 son of Elkanah, son of Jeroham, son of Eliel, son of Toah,
35 son of Zuph, son of Elkanah, son of Mahath, son of Amasai,
36 son of Elkanah, son of Joel, son of Azariah, son of Zephaniah,
37 son of Tahath, son of Assir, son of Ebiasaph, son of Korah,
38 son of Izhar, son of Kohath, son of Levi, son of Israel;
39 and his brother Asaph, who stood on his right hand, namely, Asaph the son of Berechiah, son of Shimea,
40 son of Michael, son of Baaseiah, son of Malchijah,
41 son of Ethni, son of Zerah, son of Adaiah,
42 son of Ethan, son of Zimmah, son of Shimei,
43 son of Jahath, son of Gershom, son of Levi.
44 On the left hand were their brothers, the sons of Merari: Ethan the son of Kishi, son of Abdi, son of Malluch,
45 son of Hashabiah, son of Amaziah, son of Hilkiah,
46 son of Amzi, son of Bani, son of Shemer,
47 son of Mahli, son of Mushi, son of Merari, son of Levi.
48 And their brothers the Levites were besteaded for all the thralldom of the tilding of the house of God.